Inglewood car insurance

Learn More About Inglewood Car Insurance Today

Drivers in California are obliged to demonstrate that they can provide financially for any vehicles that they own in the event of an accident. There are several ways that you can show this financial responsibility, but by far the most common is through the form of auto insurance. Californian law requires that you are able to establish your responsibility and have evidence in your car at all times. Without this insurance, you will be exposed to fines, vehicle seizures and even having your license suspended. It is important that you understand exactly what types of insurance you need to comply with the law in California and ensure that you are fully covered in case of accident. When you are looking for a new Inglewood car insurance policy, Mona’s Insurance recommends that you learn more about the process before you make your choice.

The Minimum Insurance You Can Carry

California law requires you to have a minimum level of liability insurance in order to ensure that you are covered in case of an at-fault accident. There is a minimum of bodily injury, which includes $15,000 for death/injury of a single person, and $30,000 for death/injury of more than one person. This coverage will not pay over $30,000, and you may find yourself required to pay a great deal more than this if you are found to be at fault for a multi-car accident. You must also have a minimum of property damage cover. This is usually applied to the damage caused to someone else’s car, but could cover damage to a house or business, or damage to the road itself. This is a minimum of $5,000, and you will be responsible for any excess over this amount if you are found to be at-fault.

Liability Coverage And The Law

In California, driving without the ability to cover these expenses is illegal, and you must have this cover to be able to register your vehicle in the state. Insurers are obliged by law to report to “the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if you buy auto insurance or if you stop paying your premium”. You must have this liability coverage and be able to demonstrate it when asked. Insurers provide you with a proof of insurance card that gives you a list of vehicles insured under the policy, and the policy owner. This card must be in the car to demonstrate to officers that you do have insurance. If you don’t show your insurance, you will be given a ticket, and if it is shown that you don’t have insurance your license could be suspended.

Other Types Of Insurance

In addition to having this type of insurance, you may also want to consider what other types are available to you. For example, you might want to take out Uninsured or Underinsured motorist coverage. This is to cover you if you are involved in an accident that is not your fault, but the driver doesn’t have liability insurance, or doesn’t have enough insurance to cover your needs. Your insurance company will offer to give you this coverage, and you will need to sign a declaration waiver to show that you don’t want it. Uninsured motorist cover will pay for injuries that you or a passenger suffer when the uninsured driver is at fault. Underinsured cover will provide a limited cost for drivers who are not able to cover the full amount of your compensation. This type of cover can be vital when you are driving in a car-dominated city like LA.

Get Help With Choosing The Right Inglewood Car Insurance

Are you looking for insurance to comply with Californian driving laws, or do you want to add to your existing policies to make sure that you have the full amount of liability required? When you need help with finding a Los Angeles insurer to help you cover your vehicle, you should reach out to the team at Mona’s Insurance. By using a third party to help you narrow down your search and give you the best options for your particular circumstances, you can get the insurance you need, faster. To start the search today, contact us online, or call at (866) 794-1990 now.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation